Tansi, Edlánat’e, Hello! Welcome to Northland School Division No.61 (NSD).
NSD is situated in some of the most stunning areas in northern Alberta. Covering 288,347 square kilometres, our schools are located near mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, and wetlands on Treaty 6 and 8 territories. We hold high respect for these traditional territories, their history, language, and culture. At NSD, 95% of the student population is of First Nations, Métis and Inuit descent. We have approximately 2200 students in 20 schools. Our schools are located in municipalities, First Nation reserves, and Métis Settlements.
To inspire students to be the best they can be by providing outstanding holistic educational opportunities, with amazing staff and strong partnerships with families and communities.
“Our students love to come to school in Northland”
NSD Outcome Statements
1. NSD students are strong in identity, healthy and successful.
2. NSD is a leader for Indigenous education excellence.
3. NSD is inclusive, each child’s ways of knowing and ways of being are respected and essential.
4. NSD has excellent teachers, school leaders, and system leaders.
5. NSD is well governed and managed.