Upon signing an adhesion to Treaty 4 on September 25, 1877, the Assiniboine wanted a reserve west of the Cypress Mountain. Initially progress was made in that direction, but in June 1882 they were moved to Indian Head. The survey of their reserve was completed on June 5, 1885, 11 km south of Sintaluta. Their leader, Long Lodge, was succeeded by Man Who Took the Coat and then by Carry the Kettle in April 1891. The band’s farmers took many prizes at exhibitions in Regina and Indian Head; they developed a fine herd of cattle and kept sheep for wool. Over the years women sold Seneca root, knitted socks, mitts, gloves and mufflers for their own use and for sale, and worked as housekeepers. The men sold firewood and hay, worked as wage labourers, and built and repaired implements for themselves and for sale. Current band enterprises involve school, health centre, healing lodge, store-gas station, and an eco-tourism business. Of the 2,188 band members, 757 live on the 16,590-ha reserve 80 km east of Regina. The band also owns 192.4 ha 21 km northeast of Sintaluta.