Updated as at May 20, 2017.
- Welcome to IOPPS Indigenous Opportunities (“the Company”).
- The Company is located at ‘iopps.ca’ (“the Website”).
- We are an online platform that mainly provides clients with listings in respect of education, employment, training and networking.
- The contents on the Website, including but not limited to the listings and information are not, without limitations, professional advice and/or shall not be construed and interpreted as professional advice.
- Listing Contents
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy of the listing provided by the Employer and/or any listings provided, displayed and portrayed on the Website. You are advised to check with each Employer carefully.
- You are advised to independently verify the accuracy of all information through personal inspection and with appropriate professionals.
- Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- No part of the listing materials may be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without express written permission from the Company.
- Unauthorized reproduction, display or other dissemination of such materials is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright or trademark infringement. Individuals depicted in any graphical representations do not reflect preference or bias of the Company or the owners.
- Due Diligence
- You must obtain all relevant documents, disclosures, reports, statements, filings and other documents and read them before signing anything.
- The information provided on the Website is intended for general informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer, solicitation, promise or commitment of any member of the Company.
- Without limiting the foregoing, this is not an offer or solicitation. All photos, depictions, statements and renderings in this website, and any oral or other representations as to the terms or amenities associated with the job listings, are not to be relied upon.
- Additionally, while we strive for accuracy, it is not possible to ensure that all information contained in this site is correct. Therefore, no one is authorized to rely on any of the information contained in this site and neither the Company nor any party involved in the creation, production or delivery of information in this site are liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or any other damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site or in reliance on the information contained or referenced herein.
CONTENTS ON THE WEBSITE
- All information contained, posted and/or displayed on the Website is for information purposes only.
- The Company is not and will not be liable, either expressly or in an implied manner, and is not responsible for any physical and/or emotional problems that may and/or could occur from any of the information on the W
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- You agree that use of the Website is at your sole risk. All information and content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- The Company, its affiliates, agents and licensors cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, correctness, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of the information, materials and/or content available through the Website.
- The Company does not guarantee the Website to be error-free, secure, continuously available or free of viruses or other harmful components.
- You also agree that if you rely on any data or information obtained through the Website, you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for any damage or loss that results from your use of any material and/or data.
- The Company and the contents and/or information on the Website are provided with the understanding that neither the Company nor its users, while such users are participating in the sites, are engaged in rendering legal, medical, counselling or other professional services or advice. The contents and/or information on the website are not substitute for professional services or advice.
- The Company, its affiliates, agents, and licensors make no warranty regarding any goods or services referred to, advertised on, or obtained through our sites including reference to Third Party sites, other than those express warranties the Company itself specifically makes.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances will the Company or its affiliates, agents or licensors be liable to you or anyone else for including but not limited to any loss and/or damages arising out of your use of any of the Website, including, without limitation, liability for consequential, special, incidental, indirect, or similar damages, even if we are advised beforehand of the possibility of such damages.
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
- By using the Website, you agree and consent that any loss and/or damages arising out of or in connection to, without limitation to the negligence, fault, mistake, misrepresentation of any third party is the responsibility and liability of the individual and/or group, and you hereby agree that you will only claim against and seek relief against the third party and the Company will be free of any liability/responsibility whatsoever.
- In the event that the Company becomes a party to the third party proceedings, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, without limitations, the Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of without limitations, the negligence, fault, mistake, misrepresentation.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR AVOIDING EMPLOYMENT SCAMS
- Never provide personal or bank information over email or phone.
- Never take cashier’s checks or money orders as a form of payment, as your bank will hold you accountable for any bounced checks.
- Never wire funds to an employer. Any employer who requests wire funds may be a scam.
- Never apply for a job listed by someone from another country.
- Never apply for a job with someone who indicates they are away on business or out of the country and need someone to begin right away.
- Never agree to a background check unless you have met employer in person, and do not provide your personal information over email or phone.
- Never apply to a position that is emailed to you unsolicited.
Effective as of May 20, 2017.