The Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services (YTCCFS) Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic dedicated individual to fill the position of Resource Placement Support Worker.
Resource Placement Support Worker provides support and a range of services to foster caregivers, and the children/youth placed in their foster homes.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW or BISW).
- Four (4) year University undergraduate degree in a related discipline and twenty (20) months direct child protection services experience.
- Certificate in Social Work (CSW or CISW) and twenty-four (24) months direct child protection services experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize computer software and hardware programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a diverse range of individuals, families and First Nation communities.
- Knowledge of theories about human behavior, child development and ability to apply in assessment, planning and documentation.
- Knowledge of risk assessments; counselling skills, child protection standards, child welfare legislation and regulations.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a team and work with little or no supervision as may be required.
- Good planning, organization, problem-solving, decision making and liaison skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other resource persons and facilitate planning and action.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to carry out scheduled home visits as identified by the organization.
- Collaboration with the Child Protection worker and Kinship Family Placement Worker as appropriate and in compliance with policy.
- Preparing and ensuring accurate, thorough and timely recording of case information including case notes, recordings, reports, correspondence, and legal forms, as required by the Child and Family Services Act and policy.
- Compiling and completing case file documents for; transfer of the child, the return of child home or transfer to another permanent or in preparation for an alternate placement; ensuring file in compliance with standards.
- Must be able to sign an “Oath of Confidentiality” and “Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Salary is based on education and experience, and in accordance to the YTCCFS Inc. salary grid.
Only applicants successfully chosen for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES WITH THREE (3) WRITTEN REFERENCES TO:
L. Sharon Green, Human Resources Manager
Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services Inc. 21 Bradbrooke Ave. North
Yorkton, Sk. S3N 1R6
Telephone: (306) 782-8838 Fax: (306) 782-7780
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: December 2, 2019 @ 4:30pm