The Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services (YTCCFS) Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic dedicated individual to fill the position of Resource Trainer.
Resource Trainer will provide training to foster care/kinship placement families using approved training modules and newly created tools as needed for identified service areas.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW or BISW).
- Four (4) year University undergraduate degree in a related discipline and twenty (20) months direct child protection services experience. OR
- Certificate in Social Work (CSW or CISW) and twenty-four (24) months direct child protection services experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High degree of skill in oral and written communications.
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of group facilitation and training.
- Develop, plan and implement the pre-service training curriculum for resource families consistent with regulation for accreditation and licensing.
- Conduct certification/home study process and provide written narrative according to approval/licensing standards and organizational guidelines.
- Conduct training sessions with a variety of approaches/delivery mechanisms to meet the needs of the audience.
- Facilitate In-service training for resource families to ensure families receive training hours consistent with organizational guidelines.
- Sophisticated ability to identify, define and explain complex problems; the persuasion skills necessary to implement solutions to those problems.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid training and ensure all approved families maintain certification.
- Ability to utilize computer software and hardware programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a diverse range of individuals, families and First Nation communities.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a team and work with little or no supervision as may be required;
- Ability to follow direction and work effectively under pressure;
- Good planning, organization, problem-solving, decision making and liaison skills;
- Ability to collaborate with other resource persons and facilitate planning and action;
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
Salary is based on education and experience, and in accordance to the YTCCFS Inc. salary grid.
Only applicants successfully chosen for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES WITH THREE (3) WRITTEN REFERENCES TO:
L. Sharon Green Human Resources Manager
Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services Inc. 21 Bradbrooke Ave. North
Yorkton, SK S3N 3R1
Telephone: (306) 782-8838 Fax: (306) 782-7780
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: January 22, 2020 @ 4:30pm