- The Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services (YTCCFS) Inc. is seeking enthusiastic dedicated individuals to fill the Full Time Position of Program Advocate/ System Navigation Worker based in City of Yorkton, SK. The Program Advocate/ System Navigation Worker will work under the supervision of the Program Advocate/ System Navigation Manager and will provide a holistic approach to the wellness of the child, the family, and the community that is based on the Epistemology of First Nation law, beliefs and practices, the guidance and involvement of Elders and the support of family and community members, to provide support & meet to families and children in court and provide advocacy services, provide orientation on court procedures and assist in navigating the court process.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW or BISW)
- Four (4) year University undergraduate degree in a related discipline and eighteen
(18) months experience in a human services field
- Certificate in Social Work with 12 months of direct child protection experience
- Certificate in human services field would be a definite asset
- Experience working in human services field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working in conjunction with the community programs and services and YTCCFS Inc., this individual must possess the ability to assess and identify at risk families and the ability to refer and engage the appropriate resources.
- Ability to use Professional Judgement and Critical thinking.
- Ability to work with and support the Child and Family Services Authorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Cree, Nakota, Lakota and Saulteaux Culture and the political and social objectives of the YTCCFS Inc. member First Nations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the impacts of colonialism on First Nation people, Indian Residential Schools, Intergenerational trauma and how these factors impact individuals and families; and the influence of the child welfare system in First Nations communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the difference between the First Nation Program Advocate/ System Navigation and child protection streams.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and possess a reliable vehicle.
- Must be willing to upgrade skills when time and funding permits.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to sign an “Oath of Confidentiality”.
Salary range for this position is $50000-$63000 annually.
Only applicants successfully chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Successful Candidate are required to provide a current criminal record check, prohibited drug screen report, drivers abstract and proof of education prior to signing a letter of offer.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES WITH THREE (3) WRITTEN REFERENCES TO:
L. Sharon Green A/ Director Human Resources
Yorkton Tribal Council Child and Family Services Inc. 21 Bradbrooke Ave. North
Yorkton, SK S3N 3R1
Telephone: (306) 782-8838 Fax: (306) 782-7780
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: January 28, 2020 @ 04:30 PM