SASKATCHEWAN INDIAN EQUITY FOUNDATION INC.
As one of the leading Aboriginal financial institutions in Canada, SIEF provides commercial financing, consulting, and economic business development assistance to Saskatchewan First Nation communities and members.
SIEF Inc. is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic team member to assist in the delivery of business services for this unique First Nation financial institution. Working together to provide essential services to the First Nation entrepreneur, we are seeking a Loan Specialist on a term basis. This opportunity is open to individuals with flexible employment terms and hours of work.
You will ensure effective communication and collaboration with all clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Researches and develops collection policies of delinquent and non-performing loans appropriate for developmental lending, the client base and the continued viability of SIEF. Policies to be reviewed and reviewed frequently taking into consideration the economic climate, future business opportunities and lending practices in general.
- Responsible for locating and contacting clients to inform them of overdue payments, providing advice and suggestions on payment options, negotiating payment plans, and if necessary, initiating legal action.
- Evaluate the quality and liquidity of collateral, client payment practices, quality of business management, market position and business climate when developing collection strategies.
- Maintains complete and accurate files detailing client contact, client commitments, payment schedules, payment records and other pertinent documentation.
- Collection efforts and techniques are professional and respectful, adhering to SIEF values and principles.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Commerce with 1 to 3 years related collections experience preferably within a financial institution; or a diploma in Business Administration, Finance or Commerce with 3 to 5 years related collection experience preferably within a financial institution.
- A combination of education, training and experience is considered.
- Familiarity with federal and provincial, on reserve and off reserve, credit granting and collections practices, legislation, and regulations.
- Excellent aptitude for problem solving, ability to determine solutions for clients to resolve debts and collect payments.
- Demonstrated patience, tenacity and diligence to locate clients and follow through with necessary collection efforts.
- Knowledge of First Nation organizations and culture would be an asset.
- Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license and must be bondable.
For full job/position description, please visit our website at www.sief.sk.ca. We offer competitive compensation that is commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit resume, and/or proposal including cover letter, along with three (3) references to the attention of the General Manager at:
Saskatchewan Indian Equity Foundation Inc.
202A Joseph Okemasis Drive
Saskatoon SK S7N 1B1
Fax: (306) 373-4969
APPLY BY: APRIL 23, 2021