Job Summary: The Manager will be responsible for the overall operations of the Ekweskeet Treatment Center including but not limited to program implementation and supervision, development of the yearly work plan of the program, development of the yearly budget, monitoring of the approved budget, supervising and managing the Ekweskeet staff and the day-to-day operation activities of the center. Will manage the facility as per required Accreditation standards for the health and safety of the clients. Preparing all the necessary reports as per the agreement both financially and program areas to Board and to the funding agency (FNIH). Provide leadership and supervision for all staff. Provide updates, reports, as required and requested.
- Prepare/maintain and follow approved budget; ensuring operations are within budget each monthly report.
- Consistently following up with staff to ensure that schedules, daily logs, contact notes, progress reports and files are updated on a regular basis according to policies and procedures and funding agreements.
- Ensure that all recommendations from Accreditation are implemented.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to staff; Arrange staff training and in-services.
- Ensure the staff are orientated on the Ekweskeet Policy and Procedures manual and adhere to their job descriptions.
- Ensure the Ekweskeet Programs are being implemented and accommodate the needs of the clients.
- Ensuring clients policies and procedures are adhered to; Assist in advocating for clients when necessary.
- Initiate and maintain effective liaison and working relationships with staff and officials of Onion Lake Cree Nations, off-reserve health professionals and health organizations.
- Ensuring all preventative maintenance for building and safety procedures are up to date and followed.
- Completion of a diploma or degree program in counselling, addictions, psychology or human services.
- Must have experience in staff management.
- Minimum 4 years experience in the human services field with adults.
- Maintains certification as International Alcohol and Drug Counsellor with the Canadian Addictions Counsellors Certification Federation, or willingness to initiate the Certification process within 90 days of employment.
- Up-to date Suicide Intervention Skills Training, First Aid, CPR, non-violent crisis intervention.
- Valid Drivers License.