The Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations (FSIN) is seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the overall office management of the FSIN. The successful candidate will be required to work with designated personnel in each department and communicate and consult with Vice Chiefs, Executive Directors, Directors and/or staff on all office related items.
- Establish office procedures as required to ensure effective and efficient operation of the office.
- Ensure general maintenance of office is kept in good order and clean.
- General office maintenance as requested by departments.
Equipment & Furnishings
- Maintain an inventory database of equipment and furnishings as well as ensure all equipment is in satisfactory operational condition.
- Maintain a Record of Service for lease equipment and supplies.
- Oversee the janitorial contract and ensure duties are performed.
- Deal with staff concerns related to janitorial functions.
KEYS & Security System
- Keep an ongoing detailed list of all office keys.
- Administer the Card Lock Entry system for FSIN.
- Ensure that the general office supplies in the Mailroom/Boardroom are available and ordered as required.
- Maintain a positive working relationship within office and suppliers.
- Maintain an effective liaison with all levels of First Nation Government operations. (First Nations, Tribal Councils, Institutions, etc.)
FSIN Fleet Services
- Overall management and scheduled maintenance of FSIN fleet vehicles.
- Manage the boardroom bookings, maintenance, supplies and schedule meetings.
- Office Management Degree or Diploma.
- Five (5) years’ experience with at least two (2) years’ experience at a senior administrative level.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and a satisfactory driving record.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Zoom, MS Teams and Internet.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations customs, culture and history.