Job Summary: The Family and Youth Counsellor will provide Counseling services with an emphasis on prevention. They will work with young individuals and families to promote optimum mental health. The Family & Youth Counsellor may help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; suicidal ideation; stress management; self-esteem; psychological/emotional problems; historical and current abuse such as family violence and Indian Residential School, and other issues associated with mental and emotional health. The Family & Youth Counsellor will ensure that the wholistic services are consistent to the strategic direction and values of the community.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelors of Indian Social Work, (BISW) Bachelors of Social Work (BSW).
· Crisis Intervention training; Join On call Crisis Team.
· Must belong to a relevant Professional Association or in the process of submitting application.
· Strong knowledge of First Nations history, culture, traditions and ceremonies.
· Valid drivers license required.
· Must pass a yearly Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.