Job Summary: The Lactation Consultant will coordinate patient care and educational activities related to lactation. This role encompasses consultation with clients and health professionals in hospital and within the community. The goal is to assist families achieve success with their breastfeeding experience.
· Assesses patients’ lactation needs by obtaining medical histories, examining patients, and gathering information about the baby and family setting.
· Analyzes and documents physical, psychological, and social factors in developing an individualized plan of care. Communicates the plan of care and all pertinent information to other members of the health care team to provide coordinated patient treatment.
· Facilitate lactation instruction to other health care professionals and monitor the proper performance of their training to patients. Conducts group lactation instruction for clients.
· Participates in and provides educational programs for the public, using health care professionals and community organizations. Applies for grant funds to improve and enlarge community education about lactation.
· Communicates activities and problems with community health nurse manager.
· Participates in fire, safety, and disaster educational programs and activities.
· Cooperates with continuity of care coordinators regarding risk management, quality management, utilization management, and infection control issues.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
DEADLINE DATE: March 31, 2023
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants, who meet the qualifications as listed above, must submit:
1. Cover letter
2. Current resume with dates specified
3. LIST of three current references with phone numbers
4. Vulnerable Sector Check/Clear Criminal Record Check
5. Drivers Abstract
Attention to: Human Resources Phone: (306) 344-2330 ext. 2238 Fax: (306) 344-2357
E-Mail: email@example.com Mail: PO Box 70 Onion Lake, SK S0M 2E0