Job Summary: The School Health Nurse will work under the direct supervision of the Community Health Manager. The RN is to provide community health nursing to the schools in Onion Lake. The goal is to assist the schools in Onion Lake to attain improved health status. Immunization is a key component of this position and to provide educational opportunities for students and staff of the schools.
· Review client records and prepare consents for immunization based on the Saskatchewan Immunization Schedule.
· Plan immunization days with OLHC staff to assist with immunization.
· Order vaccine, via Community Health Manager/designate, at the beginning of the school year and as needed.
· Prepare and deliver informational sessions on Immunization to Grade 6 and 8 students.
· Health promotion activities within the school age population as requested.
· Healthy sexuality sessions for Grades 4, 5, 6 and 7- plan with school staff and sexual health team.
· Body Walk; Work with the Sexual Health team and Harm Reduction nurse to provide education and awareness to target populations identified with the staff.
· Assist with community events when needed.
· Proper Documentation in the appropriate health record.
DEADLINE DATE: March 31, 2023
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants, who meet the qualifications as listed above, must submit:
1. Cover letter
2. Current resume with dates specified
3. LIST of three current references with phone numbers
4. Vulnerable Sector Check/Clear Criminal Record Check
5. Drivers Abstract
Attention to: Human Resources Phone: (306) 344-2330 ext. 2238 Fax: (306) 344-2357
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: PO Box 70 Onion Lake, SK S0M 2E0