Teacher - Native Studies/Cultural courses - 4th R Uniting our Nations (training provided),
Language, Land Based Learning team member, Academic Support,
Cultural Awareness/Education for staff.
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following background, philosophy, and experience:
● Bachelor of Education
● Implement specific Locally Developed courses ie: Beading, Tipi Education.
● Advocate for students, helping students move between home culture and school
● Establishing and maintaining trusting relationships with Indigenous students and their
● Encourage and provide advice when needed.
● Communication link between parents and school.
● Provide culturally relevant information, research and Professional Development to
● Planning cultural events and activities for the school.
● Celebrating best practices in student success.
● Connecting with Indigenous organizations and community services.
● Providing assistance to teachers for presentations related to Indigenous cultures, issues,
● Preference to be a community member from the region who has knowledge of history,
culture and language of Indigenous groups in the area.
● Ability to speak Cree or Dene is an asset.
● Positive relationships with Indigenous groups and partners in the area.
● Experience in an education setting.
● Demonstrates knowledge of mental health needs for students.
● Ability to supervise others.
● Ability to work in a team environment with staff and parents.
● A base knowledge of differentiated instruction techniques.
● Effective organizational skills and classroom management.
● Ability to utilize technology as an instructional tool.
● Willingness to participate in the school community beyond the classroom.
● A commitment to continuous professional growth.
● A strong ability to connect and build relationships with junior high and high school
Resumes and other relevant documents will be accepted on our website www.fmpsdschools.ca
by clicking employment opportunities and on the “APPLY” tab for the specific posting and follow
the application instructions. THIS IS THE PREFERRED METHOD TO RECEIVE APPLICATIONS.
If you have any questions regarding this posting you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check which will be
reviewed to ensure suitability of the candidate for the position.
FMPSD may contact past and present employers for references. All FMPSD employees are
expected to be computer literate; this includes fluency with e-mail, internet, MS Office, Google
mail, docs and sheets.
Only those applications submitted and received by 4 pm on the closing date will be considered
for this position.
Fort McMurray Public School Division is home to 16 schools. We offer a variety of programming for our youngest three-year-old Early Childhood Development Program students to our graduating Grade 12 students.
From French Immersion to innovative fine arts programming and from coding, and power engineering to sports academies - Fort McMurray Public School District is Doing What’s Best for Kids.